Spoken Words Can Change You and Your Success
There’s a saying that goes… “Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words can never hurt you”, sometimes said by parents to their child to help them deal with bully name calling. Parents were trying to tell their children to walk away and don’t let what bullies say bother them, because they’re only words. The truth is that words spoken out loud can indeed hurt, not only emotionally, but physically as well. They can also change your life for the better.
Say something negative, out loud. Then pay attention to how you feel inside. Now, say something positive, out loud. Now how do you feel? I have read a good many articles about this. I think we’re all pretty sure that thinking negatively makes us feel bad and the opposite is true about thinking positively, but if you want to really make a change in how you physically feel, then actually speaking positive words out loud can change and affect your physical well-being. If you want to know how your life and health will be in the future….pay attention to your words being spoken.
I have been trying to train myself for months now on this process and I can feel the difference. Speaking lists of good things about yourself will build your confidence and emotional feelings inside. Many public speakers use this method to warm up before a speaking engagement. Just think about the logic of this and it makes sense. How would you expect a person to behave generally if all you ever heard them say was negative words. You may know some people like this and you most certainly don’t want to be around them. Logically, it just makes sense that we generate how we feel, physically, by the words we choose to speak. When your driving and someone pulls out of a side street, dangerously, right in front of your car, do you just think bad thoughts? No, we say the words out loud and we give strength to how angry we feel, along with all the additional stress that high anger brings to our bodies. It’s NOT a good thing to increase our stress!
- Are your employees giving the best customer service possible?
- Is your staff on board the mission of your company?
- Are you, as the owner, leading everyone toward your mission and success?
I for one, choose to train myself, everyday, to stop this lifelong habit of allowing negative thoughts to become reality by speaking them. I choose the logic of speaking good words. I choose to give voice to positivity, happiness and success.
- I will solve every issue to a better process.
- Our customers will be given the best service.
- I will continue building the best team.
- I will provide an atmosphere of good purpose and services that make customers better off for coming.
- I will succeed in my purpose and therefore become a lender and not a borrower.
- I will make the world a better place.
- I will succeed!
Other news in ‘da House…
“Student Showcase Concert Series” & “Community Under 18 Open Stage”
- NO instruments will be provided.
- Performers must bring their own instruments.
- We do provide a sound system, microphones, and a keyboard. Electric guitars and electric bass will ONLY be permitted to plug into our sound system.
- NO amplifiers are permitted.
- Any groups or bands of more than 3 members MUST CALL AT LEAST A DAY BEFORE AND MUST HAVE APPROVAL FROM DAVID TO PERFORM. No bands will be permitted to come the night of the event to perform without pre-approval of David.
“Summer Camp News”
We are putting all of your NEW 2015 Summer Camps together and we will be announcing all of that information in May. We know that families are making plans for the summer including vacations and other activities, so we will be getting this VERY COOL music camp info out to you all PRONTO ,so you’ll be sure to fit your DMH Camps into your summer of FUN!
Some of the ideas we are putting together involve some Rock, Broadway, our favorite Total Music Experience Camp and a Recorder Camp for those about to begin music in elementary school in September, so you’ll be ahead of the curve and ready to go!
As usual, I have to continue to thank ALL of our DMH Families for choosing David’s Music House for you Music House and for spreading the word about what we do here.
Love & Peace,
David – President